Almost three and a half weeks, virtually no exercise (other than lugging jet lagged beasts around London), and a 2.5yr unsated Euro appetite= a whopping 70.5kg, up 3.5kg on pre-piefest. There was a lot of pie…..
- Stitchelton cheese- an unpasteurised stilton from Neals Yard, Borough Market
- Bone marrow and veal T-bones cooked over an indoor fire, from Ginger Pig Butcher, Borough Market (and very fine bacon)
- Roast Grouse and the trimmings (game fries, bread sauce, watercress etc) at Hereford Road, London (with Ferdinand)
- Leon, a gastronomically aware fast food outlet
- Pork Pie and the whole Waitrose experience
- Lincolnshire sausages, at mums
- Carving a rib of beef at Ged and Jo’s wedding (one on each table)
- 3yr old organic jamon belota, Brindisa, Borough Market (above)
- Blackberry and apple oaty crumble
- Mum and Rachel’s Coronation Chicken
- Jambon Perseille, Simon Hopkinson, by Mum
- Scones and mum’s blackberry jelly with Rodda’s clotted cream
- Roast belly pork with black garlic and fennel
And in Singapore;
- Fish Head Curry, somewhere on Choo Chiat Road, Katong
- Egg yolk steam buns (hong Kong Tea House)
- Hand made ramen noodle soup with wantons
- Pigs trotter (more like a hock), cooked in black vinegar and ginger, Hong Kong Tea House.
Grrrrrrrrr. Next time.